Dean McCurry (Texas Auctioneer License #16260) has been a full-time charitable auctioneer for 15 years but his path into the business was initially a bit by chance. “My auctioneering career began as I was calling Bingo (as a substitute) for my kids’ school,” said Dean. “They asked me to become the auctioneer for the gala because they enjoyed my Bingo calling skills, and the rest is history!” When he retired from Western Digital in 2009, auctioneering became a full-time endeavor. To date, Dean has called over 500 auctions and raised over $30 million for organizations that support veterans, homeless, senior citizens, schools, churches, animals, victims of crimes, abuse, disaster, special needs and many more.
Dean and his wife, Gail have been married for 38 years and have three children, as well as four wonderful grandchildren. When asked why he specializes in charity auctions Dean’s response is “The key for me with charity work is the personal involvement and positive results. With so many outstanding causes, I enjoy seeing the smiles on the faces of kids, parents and those in need!”
Dean has a single-minded focus on hosting successful charity auctions.
- Dean participates in all phases of the event making suggestions and recommendations to ensure the success of current and future auctions.
- Dean makes a point to become knowledgeable about the goals and objectives of the organization as well as the nature and level of commitment of the particular audience.
- While focused and aware of the significance that a successful benefit auction can have on the financial viability of an organization, Dean never loses sight of the fact that a successful benefit auction is for the attendees. The atmosphere of the event must be about encouraging participation, showing appreciation, affirming the commitment to the organization, and enjoying the evening of entertainment and celebration.
Dean created DM Auction Services with a vision to provide successful fundraising opportunities for local non-profit organizations and chooses auctioneers who prioritize that vision.
He and his team of auctioneers:
- Are professional and licensed Auctioneers who understand the Texas Auctioneering laws as a benefit to your organization and your audience
- Are knowledgeable about how auctioneers, technology, and choosing the rights items are crucial in hosting a successful event
- Are entertaining and interact with donors and guests
- Are focused on your organization’s mission and the financial goals of your event
- Are trained for success in any kind of event: in-person, virtual, and hybrid
- Are familiar with the many fundraising methods utilized in events, including live and silent auction items, “fund a cause”, raffles, and more.
Professional Licensed Auctioneers often produce greater than 50% revenue for your event via live auctions and Fund a Cause (aka Donate)